Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bent Objects

This is from the extraordinary Bent Objects blog , which I found out about through the Superpunch blog. The About me paragraph on Bent Objects states: "when you stop caring whether people think you're crazy or not, you can get a lot done". This blog makes theatre out of ordinarily inanimate objects with a a little wire and lighting, and has an extraodinary emotional range - some are silly and some are quite touching. some have fairly eleaborate sets and some are put together on the fly (you'll have to go to the site if you want to see the firebug, one of my favorites). He has a book of these wonderful works coming out soon, available for pre-order on Amazon.

2 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

This reminds me of Alexander Calder's wire sculptures! Way cool. Thanks for posting it.

This makes me happy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6jwnu8Izy0

You too?! Hope so!

jude said...

this looks like a science project i did once.